Trip #3- July 20, 21, 22, 2018
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
AMTRAK Train Trip from Charlotte, N.C. and stops along the way to Washington, D.C. (3 days, 2 nights) Trip price includes: roundtrip train ticket to/from Washington, transportation to/from train station, two nights hotel, two breakfasts, and tickets to two baseball games.
Deposit for this trip is $250.00 per person and must be booked by April 15, 2018. Balance must be paid by June, 15, 2018. **This Trip does not depart from Asheville. Passengers from Asheville can participate in a car caravan to the closest AMTRAK station along the route. Passengers may also board this trip in the following N.C. cities and towns: Kannapolis, Salisbury, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Durham, Cary, Raleigh, Wilson, and Rocky Mount.
Friday, July 20: Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals.
Saturday, July 21: Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals.
- $579.00 per person/2 to a room
- $539.00 per person/3 to a room
- $519.00 per person/4 to a room
- $689.00 per person/1 to a room
- Senior Citizens (62+) Deduct $20.00.
- Children (2-12) Deduct $50.00.
Want to see only 1 baseball, game, deduct $40.00. Don’t want to see any baseball games, deduct $80.00. There are Washington D.C. touring opportunities from the hotel.
- 6:00 a.m. Arrive at Charlotte, NC AMTRAK Station
- 7:00 a.m. Train Departs Charlotte NC for Washington, DC.*
- 10-11 a.m. Train picks up passengers in Cary and Raleigh, NC.
- 11:45 a.m. Train picks up passengers in Rocky Mount, NC.
- 4:40 p.m. (approx.) Train arrives in Washington, DC.
- 5:00 p.m. Ground Transportation from Washington to hotel.
- 5:30 p.m. Hotel Check-in.
- 6:30 p.m. walk to ballpark for game, Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals (15 minute walk).
- 7:00 p.m. Game time.
- 10:15 p.m. Game ends, return to hotel.
- 8-9 a.m. Enjoy breakfast in the hotel (included in your trip cost)
- 9:15 a.m.-6 p.m.Free time for touring, visiting sites in DC on your own or with a tour company (your expense)
- 6:30 p.m. Walk to ballpark for game, Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals (15 minute walk).
- 7:00 p.m., Game time.
- 10:00 p.m. Game ends, return to hotel.
Sunday, July 22, 2018:
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. Enjoy breakfast in the hotel (included in your trip cost)
- 9:30 a.m. Hotel check out, Ground Transportation to Union Station for return to NC.
- 11:00 a.m. Train departs Washington for Charlotte, with stops in .
- 4:40 p.m. Train arrives in Rocky Mount, NC.
- 5:15-6:00 p.m. Train arrives in Raleigh and Cary, NC.
- 8:45 p.m. Train arrives in Charlotte, NC.